Protection of Your Personal Data
This privacy statement outlines how and why UnArchaeology collects, processes and protects your personal data (also referred to as personal information within this document).
UnArchaeology is committed to protecting you and your personal data when you engage and participate in any of our events and activities. As an organisation we operate in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018. For more information on this regulation, see Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (UK).
How and Why UnArchaeology Collects and Processes Your Personal Data
- Only our online Feedback Form collects personal information. This is to inform the organisers of the accessibility of UnArchaeology’s events and activities, the extent of the organisation’s engagement and the diversity of our audience. This information is processed anonymously with the intention of improving our services and outreach. The processed data may be published anonymously as part of wider academic research.
- No personal information is collected through the Live Chat or Interactive Document at any of our events. Should participants present any personal data in these areas it will be anonymised and erased during the processing of these resources. This data will not be stored or disseminated.
- Personal data is internally stored and processed by the UnArchaeology Organisers. We can be contacted via email@example.com or through the contact form on our website: unarchaeology.org.
- No personal information is shared with third parties.
- To make UnArchaeology as accessible as possible transcriptions will be created of panel discussions and will be published on the website as soon as possible after the event.
- The purpose for collecting and processing the content of the Live Chat and Interactive Document (from which no personal data is collected and if any should be provided it will be anonymised or removed before processing) for potential publication and promotion.
The Legal Ground(s) Upon Which UnArchaeology Processes Your Personal Data and Your Rights as the Data Subject
- UnArchaeology processes data on the legal grounds that:
“the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes”
(Article 6.a of GDPR)
The specific purposes for data collected and processed by UnArchaeology are publication and promotion.
- Your data is stored anonymously for a maximum period of 3 years. You have the right to request to access and/or edit the information you have provided, and/or request that this data is deleted at any time during this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We take our responsibility for the protection of your data very seriously and have the following measures in place:
- By collecting as little as possible and processing it as quickly as possible.
- We do not collect or store the names of individuals or organisations or contact information. This limits the risks posed to participants in the unlikely event of there being any security concerns (such as hacked emails or the presence of malware for instance).
- Collected data is stored in an encrypted, password protected document to maximise security.